Saturday, August 7, 2010

One Damn Thing After Another

Nun seems to have taken over the entire job, including asking for advances. He says his family in Lopburi are starving and having to kill the celebrated monkeys for food, I exaggerate, so I coughed up another 10 grand. I bought some more paint for the painter too, which leaves a mere 6,000 baht in cash to the total. I told him he'll have to get the rest off Nek, but he said it's fine, so long as the family can eat he's content.

Apparently yesterday a man from the electric came and threatened to shut us off, charging 20 baht for the privilege. I tried to pay today but the Prakanong district office and her dependencies sleep on Saturdays, and my trip to the arse of beyond Onnut was wasted. Ever conscientious, I then psyched myself up to sweep the monstrosity's blossoms out, but someone had done it already.

Next was a trip to the iron workshop under the Klong Tan flyover to discuss my desk and shelving. The man there was one of those people who seem permanently wrily amused by nothing in particular, though you can't shake the feeling that the joke's on you. We doodled on the back of his wall calendar, he made a few suggestions, and he'll come back with an estimate, or rather I'll go back for an estimate as and when. Nek can do the job, but I'd rather not have anything to do with him after this.

My shelf brackets have gone missing; I have a feeling I put them somewhere safe when the owner came, and now I can't remember where. On top of the bathroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment