Friday, July 23, 2010

Frenzied Activity

The lamps had been hung and cast a mellow glow over the top floor; I like these emergency lamps, which are now all over the house. Kitti really does the work very neatly. He was stringing the halogen string across the first floor and put up the outdoor lamp on the balcony. Looked good. I think I may be a lighting designer of some genius. He couldn't comprehend why I don't want to keep all the fluorescent tubes (there are dozens), because, he said, they're so bright. I said take them, make them your own, brighten your home. I'm beginning to think he's winding me up.

Upstairs, meanwhile, Big had made the first two airing slats in the gypsum wall, sadly lined up with the door frame rather than the actual door, so he had to do it again, while Nek was sculpting the ridges for the plaster on the brick walls with lovely, fatty-looking cement. As I was chatting to Kitti, we heard terrible shouting from above, apparently because Big had made a bit of a pig's ear out of the slats the second time round. Just then Kitti was demanding money for the power line for the air conditioner -- 20 metres of it -- so it seemed a good time to flee the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment