Thursday, July 22, 2010

Whiny

Kitti is just made that way, he whines. I showed him the lamps, he whined (he doesn't like the little outdoor ones). I confirmed that I want the bedroom lamps to hang down at equal length, he whined (it means buying a bit of black cable). He then assured me that he had absolutely no idea how to move the air conditioner, so I told him I'd been deceived and worse and he'd at least have to put the cable there so the other guy can do it. Such whining you never heard. I left him looking crestfallen, staring at the wall. Genuinely crestfallen, I think, it's his nature. But he'd put up the ceiling fans on the top floor, now handsome and black.

The brick walls are built, the doors have arrived. Two women had cleaned the house and were even chipping bits of stray cement off the floor of the courtyard, which alas will be covered in 25 cm of sand and earth. Nek was all charm, even asked me my name. What a nice man he is after all, I thought. Turns out he's waiting for the next instalment.

No comments:

Post a Comment