Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The New Electrician

Chang Kitti  (for it is he) conveniently lives just at the end of the soi and quoted me 15,000 baht for the lot, which seems sensible since there's a lot of fiddly stuff to be done; with a token discount it's 14,000. His free-hand drawings, when I showed him round, were slightly neater than my own ruler-assisted designs. The breaker has moved yet again and will now sit on the left-hand wall, next to the second post.

(Maybe I should say that these shophouses consist of three or four pairs of steel-and-concrete posts held together by i-beams, meaning there are no load-bearing walls at all, which is why you so often see two of them knocked together or the whole front torn out or glassed in.)

I'll need a few more lamps than I thought, for the stairs and the corridor upstairs, but the ones I fancy cost all of 100 baht.

PS: 200 baht, it turns out. They're marked on the Boonthavorn website as 1xx baht, which seems to mean roi gwa baht, or 'under 200.'

No comments:

Post a Comment